Friday, February 1, 2008

Just gotta do it

It has been a month since I have been here to share anything. It was easier to keep up with this when I was consistantly posting. Now I feel like i need to post to update and get myself back into this.

Christmas break ended and we all went back to school and work. We're back in the groove of our usual activities - school, softball, dancing, scouts along with still plugging away at business plans, shoveling more snow and getting things done around the house.

Ashley sang Bubbly in the school Talent Show. She was great, people asked if she was taking voice lessons too. I said of course, in school music class! She also played the cello in the orchestra concert, sold pizza for softball and got straight A's on her report card.
Alex has been occupied by hanging out with his friend who's sister plays softball with Ashley, preparing for his first band concert and getting his report card as well. He has some improvements to make - more like an extreme make-over.
Grandma has been busy cooking up a great trip to visit big Grandpa & Dolores in Texas. The kids are excited. Let's see, Padre Island for 4th/5th grade spring trip - what are they going to ask for when they get to high school?
Two weeks until we get some indication on how quickly our future will become a reality. Let's cross our fingers. In the mean time, I walk through the house asking myself if I would buy each room - if not, what do we need to do to want to buy it. I would love nothing less than to sell quickly before the dogs are able to make the backyard a mess. I am hoping that contingencies like there will be a different light fixture in the dining room when we leave and we will leave the backyard sodded - will work themselves out and make everyone happy. Hopefully in March we will be able to finally have a new business party.
We look forward to seeing little Cora soon - it has been too long. Each Monday we go down for softball, we are running tight on time to get there, it seems really late when we get done and Ashley still has a ton of homework to complete so we haven't been able to be all social like I had hoped.
Ashley will be installed in her first station in Rainbow tomorrow night. She is excited. Alex is excited for the brothers of Ashley's friends being there - aka future DeMolay.
Today we ended up getting walloped with snow. I went to school but called in our kids. It was crazy. There were only a handful of kids to babysit in school so I was there for most of the day then left at 10:15 to come home to my own kids and the Hathorn kids who were having fun hanging out, playing inside and playing outside.
I have been a crazy political junky. Drew said today he was going to block MSNBC on the tvs. No MSNBC & politics - no hunting shows or Discovery Show.
So major things have not been going on - just lots of busy work. More later, it is a great time for a nap!

No comments: