This is the 4th year we have cut a tree from Richardson's Farm in Spring Grove and the second consecutive year we have harvested a Canaan Fir. Canaan Firs are very simlar to Fraser Fir. They have soft 1" needles, medium-strong branches, very good needle retention, great green color. Up to 7 feet. Our tree looked like it would be too tall but we liked it so we went for it. I took the time to measure the distance between the bottom of the tree stand to the ceiling then subtracted the tree topper then subtracted a little more for fear factor that Drew would be upset. As a result, I didn't cut too much off but I could have left a little more. Regardless, it is a nice, full, happy tree with lots of great memories hanging from its branches. I have tried something new this year, I read that adding the flower preservative packet that is normally added to fresh cut flowers would help keep the tree happy. So far, so good.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
It's just right
This is the 4th year we have cut a tree from Richardson's Farm in Spring Grove and the second consecutive year we have harvested a Canaan Fir. Canaan Firs are very simlar to Fraser Fir. They have soft 1" needles, medium-strong branches, very good needle retention, great green color. Up to 7 feet. Our tree looked like it would be too tall but we liked it so we went for it. I took the time to measure the distance between the bottom of the tree stand to the ceiling then subtracted the tree topper then subtracted a little more for fear factor that Drew would be upset. As a result, I didn't cut too much off but I could have left a little more. Regardless, it is a nice, full, happy tree with lots of great memories hanging from its branches. I have tried something new this year, I read that adding the flower preservative packet that is normally added to fresh cut flowers would help keep the tree happy. So far, so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
As always, your tree looks so beautiful. How about doing ours? Just kidding!
And I bet it smells good too.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Post a Comment