This is supposed to be our big tree on the boulevard but it is snowing so hard you can't really see the tree.
The three of us just got in from enjoying the latest dump of snow. Again it is so pretty out!
Drew got home at about 6:45 and is already in bed so he can go out sometime later to plow snow. I get the whole work hard to make life better but this is crazy. We're postponing getting together with the Hathorns until tomorrow after Drew gets home. Last plowing he was out for about 8 hours.
Speaking of crazy... check out our snowman.
We're just not really great snowman makers. At the beach we can make sandcastles like no one else but the snow we're not so good at. This explains the metal bowl we tried to use to make big snowballs like you use buckets at the beach. Fortunately we were laughing at our creation while Alex sang the song with the new terms - oranges for eyes, corn cob nose that looks more like a cigar, evergreen smile and three pinecones for buttons. I haven't watched the news in a long time, I had no idea it was going to snow at all and I had cleaned out the refrigerator of strange looking things early this morning. Some of that stuff would have been great!
The kids are happily making midnight munchies and we're going to start a new game Ashley got for Christmas, In a Pickle.
Happy New Year!
PS - to start 2008 off really strange, Drew & Ashley left about 15 minutes ago to go plow. Alex fell asleep right after we came in from playing in the snow so that leaves me to sip champagne and not sleep while they are both gone. It's a good thing Illinois doesn't play until late tomorrow afternoon - we can all get caught up on sleep.
GO ILLINI!

2 comments:
I can almost make out the tree in the first picture. It is very eerie. The second is good.
You all did well on the snowman. It isn't easy to roll a ROUND ball for each body segment. At least you 'dressed' him.
Happy New Year. Too bad about how the Illini is doing through the third quarter. Maybe they will pull it out yet.
I love the snowman! Looks like he has a lot of character :)
I'm hoping you had a lot of champagne and waited up for Drew and Ashley... and then slept through the game. They made it to the Rose Bowl though, so that's the part we'll remember. The score, not so much.
Post a Comment