Just as our world is constantly changing - the price of gas jumps everyday the stock market drops... What sounded like awesome opportunities made us ask ourselves "what the heck are we doing?!"
We found out Mother's Day night on the way home from mom & dad's that Greg (Kesl's Woodworks) had made a decision that he and Drew should not be partners for tax saving reasons but they should be like consultants to each other and still do what they had planned to do. Greg had left Bill with one decent size job but that's it. Now he has nothing going on.
The week that school got out, I got tough with the realtors and asked what was going on - why has our house not sold. We had dropped the price almost $20,000 from the original listing price, what's up?! Within a couple hours I had more queries come my way than I had ever anticipated. A month and a half into the house being on the market and they just realized that we were competing with 50 other houses! I wanted to know what they were going to do to make my house stand out and get noticed. This week after we have been rethinking everything, we got a call Tuesday that someone wanted to look at the house and Wednesday someone was motivated and wanted to look at the house. I told them no, the house was not available to show until after the weekend.
We are reconsidering everything and will most likely just stay put. I found out where Ashley will be going to school next year so that is a relief.
In the mean time here are a couple reasons around the house that it is good to be where we are.
it has taken YEARS to get all that groundcover to become so full
going through the process of selling has instilled some new good habits
one being that the hardwood floor is mopped just about everyday
this is all that has been on the dining room table for 3 months
why didn't we do this before?
this is no longer the playhouse - it was requested that it now be refered to as the kid condo
ironically one of the rose bushes is a peace rose
it is really pretty and it smells nice too
this week i did my annual move plants around - moving the ferns hostas and groundcover from the north side of the house to this spot
a view of the maple tree in the back from the swing
so right now we are in the mindset that we're going to be good role models for our kids - not being quitters, staying to make a difference... next is to let the realtors in on our epiphany.
more later - i promise to update you on the last month

2 comments:
Good tyo see an update! I thouhgt maybe you had abandoned this blog.
Don't burn bridges. Like the song, "Don't worry, be happy."
See you tonight and Sunday.
We need some preteen summer pictures! I'm going into withdrawals over here.
Post a Comment