
about the first weeks of school...
What did you learn the first days of this year? In science we are learning about a black box to investigate what is in it. We (only the 5th graders - 1 car for each group of 4 tables in each of the 3 classes) are going to build a model of a little tiny remote control car. I think it is pretty cool because this is the first year we have been able to build something real. Actually, last year we built a lamp out 3 batteries, some wire and a light bulb but I didn't really consider building a lamp as building something - it was just like a concoction. The car will have electric motors. This will be a fun project. I am working with Jaylene, Mercades & Jessica. This means I am the only "man in the group". I don't know how to build a car but I think I've got more sense than the girls so it will turn out pretty good compared to the other groups because I have taken my dad's model trucks apart before with him. Mr Freer is shorter than I am but he is pretty cool.
Science is my second favorite class. PE is my favorite class. Art comes after science then music then drama/writing.
Did I mention that I am the tallest kid in the school now?
How're the teachers? My favorite teachers are Mrs Rohlwing, my classroom teacher; Mr. Rathke, PE teacher; Mr. Freer, science; Mrs. Kapsala, art; Mr. Fletcher, music. The new principal Ms. Heim is nice and the new assistant principal "Mr A" is nice too.
The bus driver in the morning is nice but the afternoon bus driver was messed up! He didn't know where he was going the first couple weeks but now he is ok. My mom told his bosses he was not being nice; dropped me off 4 blocks away from home and was yelling at us. His bosses had a talk with him and now he is almost cool. - My mom says he might be earning his Christmas present back.
What's homework been? good - not a lot of it yet. Some of it is fun because most is word searches but it is not fun when I wait until bedtime to start doing it!
Any new friends? No new friends - I am sitting next to Paige for the 6th year in a row. Since kindergarten Paige has been keeping me in line and out of trouble. I like her but she is bossy like my sister so I can't like her too much - yet. I still think it is cool that she puts her own worms on her hooks. She is pretty and she has cool brothers.
Has it been exciting? Yes because I ROCK - I AM A 5TH GRADER, I AM THE OLDEST KID IN THE SCHOOL "A SENIOR" and my sister is the little baby 6th grader in the big school now. She is a "puppy" again.
What did you learn the first days of this year? In science we are learning about a black box to investigate what is in it. We (only the 5th graders - 1 car for each group of 4 tables in each of the 3 classes) are going to build a model of a little tiny remote control car. I think it is pretty cool because this is the first year we have been able to build something real. Actually, last year we built a lamp out 3 batteries, some wire and a light bulb but I didn't really consider building a lamp as building something - it was just like a concoction. The car will have electric motors. This will be a fun project. I am working with Jaylene, Mercades & Jessica. This means I am the only "man in the group". I don't know how to build a car but I think I've got more sense than the girls so it will turn out pretty good compared to the other groups because I have taken my dad's model trucks apart before with him. Mr Freer is shorter than I am but he is pretty cool.
Science is my second favorite class. PE is my favorite class. Art comes after science then music then drama/writing.
Did I mention that I am the tallest kid in the school now?
How're the teachers? My favorite teachers are Mrs Rohlwing, my classroom teacher; Mr. Rathke, PE teacher; Mr. Freer, science; Mrs. Kapsala, art; Mr. Fletcher, music. The new principal Ms. Heim is nice and the new assistant principal "Mr A" is nice too.
The bus driver in the morning is nice but the afternoon bus driver was messed up! He didn't know where he was going the first couple weeks but now he is ok. My mom told his bosses he was not being nice; dropped me off 4 blocks away from home and was yelling at us. His bosses had a talk with him and now he is almost cool. - My mom says he might be earning his Christmas present back.
What's homework been? good - not a lot of it yet. Some of it is fun because most is word searches but it is not fun when I wait until bedtime to start doing it!
Any new friends? No new friends - I am sitting next to Paige for the 6th year in a row. Since kindergarten Paige has been keeping me in line and out of trouble. I like her but she is bossy like my sister so I can't like her too much - yet. I still think it is cool that she puts her own worms on her hooks. She is pretty and she has cool brothers.
Has it been exciting? Yes because I ROCK - I AM A 5TH GRADER, I AM THE OLDEST KID IN THE SCHOOL "A SENIOR" and my sister is the little baby 6th grader in the big school now. She is a "puppy" again.
Band starts in a few weeks. I will still play the baritone aka "jamitone".
Last year I went to "chat room" where I had the opportunity to vent about things to help me focus more on school. Compared to the other kids I was with, I have no problems. They vented about their divorced parents and stuff like that. I just went in to complain about my sister and how everything is about her. This year I don't want to go to chat room even though I like Mrs Darby and her snacks. She and my mom emailed back and forth to determine that I don't have to go. My dad says maybe my mom needs to see Mrs Darby because she is more worked up about me than I am. Mrs Darby says my mom is a good mom and I am a normal kid ~ maybe I will be a country club kid but that from what she can tell, I really love my dogs. I do until they swipe my food. Dad says that wouldn't happen if I didn't take snacks in my room to do my homework.
That's it for my interview because it is bed time. I have goals to read more this year and improve my handwriting. So far, my handwriting is way better. Now I've just got to get into reading more. I think I will spend my last 15 minutes before lights out, READING - to my dog, Maddie.
Good night.

1 comment:
Thanks for giving me an update, Alex.
You are a special kid. Remember that next year you will be the little kid in the big school. The important thing is that you like people and learn from every experience.
You rock!
Grandpa
Post a Comment