Saturday, March 1, 2008

A visit with our new niece Logan


Logan is beautiful!

We went to visit Sarah, Kyle & Logan just a little bit ago. Logan, just a couple short hours old - Sarah & Kyle many hours tired. They all look terrific but could all use a good nap. When we were there the nurse gave Logan a bath. We got to see for ourselves that there are 10 itty bitty toes and 10 itty bitty fingers. The nurses told Sarah & Kyle that newborn and 0-3 month size clothes will not be needed, she will skip ahead to the next size - hats included but perfect for a tiara.

Kyle & Sarah are naturals. Sarah spent a lot of time poking at her belly when Logan was inside and now Kyle has the pleasure of poking at her from the outside. So if her nose is flat the next time we see them, it will make sense. As we were getting ready to end our visit, Kyle had Logan not only asleep but snoring. It was very cute. They will be great parents. We look forward to visiting them again soon.

3 comments:

Julieanna said...

Woohoo, a picture! And a nice one at that. I'm going to see them tomorrow--can't wait!

Greg said...

I am proud of all your effort put into rearing all your families. You are all naturals.

Tricia said...

Thanks Dad. We have learned from the best.
It occured to me today while I was at school by the way, how much Alex thinks of his Uncle Kyle. Saturday when we went to see Sarh, Kyle & Logan, Kyle was wearing a t-shirt and button down shirt both under a nice sweater. When I let the kids know we were going to go see them again, Alex got dressed all by himself without a battle and came out wearing just about what Kyle had on the day before. He says he doesn't like the sweater and we almost have fist fights about him wearing it but he wore it all on his own.
I am very thankful for the best husband, awesome kids, a great family including two beautiful nieces.
I'm still trying to figure out how that little kid I knew when Drew and I started dating has gotten so tall, married and now has a daddy's girl of his own. It makes me feel really old but also really blessed that I have been around so long, not to miss anything.